1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm so upset, I can't think straight...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by amystours, Jun 12, 2008.

1. amystours

amystours Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    Y'all, I just had the most horrible evening. My Appaloosa horse, whom I've had for 26 years, just died! He and I grew up together. We've had a time of it, he and I. He was always there when I needed a friend growing up, and believe me, I led a very hectic adolescent-hood, and I needed him ALOT!! I forget who said it, but I have it cross-stitched somewhere: "There's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse". My gosh, they sure knew what they were talking about!!!

I just can't even think right right now. He was almost thirty years old, a pretty good age for a horse, but at least I am grateful that something didn't happen to him such as getting down and not being able to get up, or something like that.

I'm sorry, y'all, I just had to vent to someone. It's like I lost my very best friend of all time.

2. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    oh, wow, i'm so sorry i really can't say i understand because i've never had a friend for 20+ years, but i can tell you one thing everyone here i super supportive and theres always a shoulder to cry on no matter what, i hope that maybe some of this helps [​IMG]

3. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    I am really, really sorry to hear that. There is nothing I can say to make it better. I am just so sorry.

4. Biddieacres

Biddieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    I am so so sorry to hear about your loss. That quote was Ronald Reagan. It is my favorite. It is so true. My thoughts are with you and your beautiful horse.

"It is not just that animals make the world more scenic or picturesque. The lives of animals are woven into our very being - closer than our own breathing - and our soul will suffer when they are gone."
    ~Gary Kowalski, Author of The Souls of Animals

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

OMG, I am sooo very sorry. There are no words that can heal a wounded heart. Try to remember the good times. :aww

6. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    [​IMG] So sorry about your friend [​IMG]

7. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm so sorry. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Try and think about how happy you made each other, about all the good things you did for him and how his life was so much richer for being your other half all these years.

I know it is really no consolation but he must have had a GREAT time in his life to have only one owner the entire time. To be able to spend his whole life with the person who loved him up the most - how wonderful!

[​IMG]

He knows how lucky you two were to have each other and if he could talk I'm sure he would have told you that!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    [​IMG]

9. amystours

amystours Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    Kristin, he was VERY MUCH woven into me!! That was a wonderful quote. Lotsa times, I don't remember the genius who said this great stuff, just that the quote was so wonderful that I couldn't forget THAT! I know, doesn't make much sense, but like I said, I'm not thinking well right now.

Y'all, thanks so much for being so supportive. I know that so many other things are going on right now, what with folks losing their sister, another member has a very sick sister, and yet another member recently lost her CHILD, and here I am, sick about my horse. Some of my friends just don't understand. They just think, hey, it was a horse, get over it. That horse was a PART of me. Most kids get grounded from the phone or going out or whatever. When I was young, I got grounded from the HORSE!! That is where I would spend every waking minute of my childhood/teenage life, with him. When I got married and had kiddos, I didn't get to ride nearly as much as I wanted, and then the old fella developed arthritis, so we stopped riding him altogether, but he was still there for me. There won't be another one like him, that's for sure.

Thanks again, y'all, it really does feel so much better to talk! I need all the e-hugs I can get right now. DH doesn't quite get it. He does, but he doesn't. He's just not a horse person, I guess. My seven year old threw her arms around me and was bawling right along with me!

10. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    e-hug mania time!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by