I'm SOO FLAMING MAD!! Must vent!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by LMEggs, Dec 8, 2011.

1. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    Okay so heres the story. Me and my grandmother work together and this one lady at work told my grandmother at 65 she could get these "Meals on Wheels" and they are free for elderly people and they will bring them out to your house even and the people will just put them in your outdoor freezer if your not at home well grandma got right on that and the lady that delivers them is also elderly but shes one of those CRAZY animal nuts I mean really nuts the FIRST day she came I knew I had a issue. Shes one of those crazy people that will mess around when no one is home.. First day she walks up and hollars out and see's my rabbit in the front yard to graze and she wants to pet and kiss him okay well grandma walks out and shes like shes got alot more critters too and takes the lady into the back to see my miniature horses and goats much to my dismay. Okay I love to show off my critters but I had a 350 pound hog stolen and now i'm rather cautious anyway and if its people I know I don't mind as much I didn't used to be so panicy but i've learned the hard way locally... People see... They take what they want. I have a new puppy hes a full blooded english redtick coonhound and hes a big pup and i've just had him 2 weeks and on the day she comes before I leave for work I put him up in his dog kennel so he doesn't bother her in anyway and she told us the other day she went out back and let him out for a while and then messed with my horses Omg I knew this woman would be an issue. If I put my dog up I ment for him to be up. He had food and water and was on my carport in his bedded dog kennel he was fine! How was she to know why I had him put up!! what if he could have ran off while I was at work (No he never does and stays out all the time but still It makes me mad she did this while I was not home who knows what she did!) Well this time I told my mom shes home while I was at work I was like Mom you get the food and get her gone and I just called my home from work and asked her something and she proceeded to tell me that she couldn't stop the lady and she went back to my horses and my (HORNED) goats and was kissing them i'm like OMG mom shes an elderly woman if my goats accidently threw there head and she got caught by a horn or my horses stepped on her feet or shoved her down (My horses are good natured and are pretty good but still) She DOES NOT need to be out there without me being out there!! and apparently my dwarf miniature horse was in the barn and decided not to come out because the lady asked where the horse with the sore on its face go. Okay let me tell you about this "Sore" It is a previously abcessed hole above the nose it will never go away and it's best left alone As my vet told me and it has been there three years. It's like a scar and no hair grows there and a tiny hole. Okay well this lady couldn't possibley know that. Not to mention precious is crippled up as shes a dwarf she has health issues to begin with. This lady told my mom if she suspected abuse she didn't call the HS she just STOLE the animal and she has 9 dogs that way and some other animals. Now i'm just Horrified!! I have spend thousands of dollars on my dwarf miniature horse to keep her going longer then most dwarves ever will!! This lady could never know I spend hours before work out there watching her because she has seizures she could never know I drove hours to take her to her vet because shes so small and has so many health issues that no vet locally will work on her! I spent hours becoming a lisenced farrier because I could find no one to be able to do her feet correctly because she is crippled. I spend nearly a entire two days a year clipping her because she doesn't shed and if she wasn't she'd have heat stroke and die from the heat of her heavy coat she gets yearly. I have tried my hardest to keep precious safe as I can and this lady is threating to STEAL her because of a stupid clean hole on her face thats not even the size of my pinky nail that dispite what the vet said I tried and tried to get to heal over and it just wouldn't! I very much dislike that tiny abcess hole but he told me it had abcessed out keep it open and clean. I've had her since she was just 3 months old and now shes will be 7 years old in april!! This lady is making me so mad!! I wish she wouldn't mess around my farm anyway while i'm not home but to threaten to STEAL my horse because of a old abcess!

This is my Pecious I mean does it look like i've left her out there in the pasture to suffer ??? Shes even currently wearing a blanket today because of the colder weather. I wish there was something I could do about the hole in her nose but it's been there for three years Its healed that way the hole is about the size of a Q tip head and its clean around it no hair ever grew back around it in the shape and size of a dime. I keep a bandaid over it in the summer to keep flies off it and keep her fly sprayed...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My little fiesty thing during a shave LOL!
    [​IMG]
    After the shave
    [​IMG]

2. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    People can be so ignorant. I would call the local sheriff's office, explain the situation, and ask them to warn her that animal theft is illegal, and to ask her to stay off your property. They really don't mind doing that sort of thing, it saves them a lot of potential trouble down the road. Good luck! I loved your pics, they are obviously well loved. [​IMG]

3. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

I have some experience with volunteer work. You must call her supervisor to complain, you don't even have to tell your mom that you are doing so. Request that they send a different volunteer to deliver your mom's meals. There are rules and protocols for volunteer work, and this woman was out of line.

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Call Meals on Wheels and place a complaint about this woman - TOMORROW!

5. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    Im sorry to hear that. Maybe you should report her for trespassing? Lovely horse BTW

6. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    If M.O.W. asks what the problem with petting the animals is, you can always go into detail about biosecurity and the threat of outside trespassers carryin something in. That would be the nice way to do it. I, myself, ain't that nice.

Matt

7. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    I doubt that would work Matt. I doubt that there is any way on God's green Earth to convince this woman that she might be a threat. I know people like that. They will try to kiss a rampaging bull elephant because "all animals love me"

8. Mother_Hen2011

Mother_Hen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    I think I would cancel or ask for a different food server lol Thats serious I would think about serving her with a restraining order for sure lol IMO

9. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    It's not my mom's meals it's my grandmothers. I'm 21. I don't have to ask permission from my mom or grandmother to call the people about this woman and I think I will tomorrow. Anyway my grandmother and mom both are aware i'm really upset over this woman. My mares can be pushy sometimes i've had them squeaze between the gate and me and escape before and i've been around horses for years if this woman lets my horses or goats loose while i'm at work what would I do ?! I live right out on the highway! they get loose they go straight running for the road been there and done that they are just sneeky sometimes that way! What if she doesn't put the chain around the gate when she opens it! My uncle has forgotten before and I actually trust him! I came home and went to work the next day and a coworker had found them at midnight coming in from a horse show and she said she knew i'd NEVER leave my gate open like it was and later I found that my uncle had forgotten to slip on the chain around the gate. They are easy to catch as my coworker had no issues but she has horses this lady is clueless! I've never had a loose goat I think I could catch them but she comes while I am at work!! they might be out for hours and be on the road. I've seriously worried my self sick over this! That lady lives past our house a few miles and she could stop in there at any day while we are at work and no one would be at my house!

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    She's handling food for elderly possibly immuno compromised individuals - wonder if she's washing her hands???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by