I'm soo.....MAD!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by klf73, Nov 12, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I just needed to let this out. Today my husband went to visit my sons class(in uniform). The teacher requested he come in and speak to them re: Veteran's Day. My husband was active Army for 13 yrs and has been in the Natn'l Guard for 1 year so far. The class was great and it went well. On the way out there were a lot of parents there to pick up their kids. Dh overheard one mother say to another "Oh my God, I can't believe they let THEM in here". I really wish I was there. Dh just ignored her, but I know it bothers him. What is wrong with some people?!?!

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Dropped on their head as children. Only logical explanation.

3. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

What did she mean by "them" ?
    The soldiers who fight for our freedom and protect our country?
    Yeah, I can't believe they let heroes into schools either.

4. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] really chaps my hide how some people are! :thun

If it were not for the service of thse brave few who risked everything, she would not have her freedom to even voice her opinion in the first place! The nerve......

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Is your husband SURE they were talking about him? Sounds too Crazy for someone to say that.

Perhaps they were talking about something totally different.

6. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    :thun Don't even get me started - I almost got into it in the nail salon over someone joking about killing the President one time. I should have called Secret Service or the FBI. When are people gonna get it - FREEDOM JUST AINT FREE!

7. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    No freedom isn't free. My hubby was in the the army for 20 1/2 years. He has been retired for 2 years now. It is so hard to have them have to go to war. It is hard on them and the family left behind. Mine went to Iraq and I had to tell my 7 year that daddy was going to be ok and come home when deep in my heart I knew he might not. I am thankful he did. A couple of the soldiers with him wasn't as lucky as he was. Thanks to all that has served.
    Chris

8. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:yes, he was sure, she gestured toward him

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

That leaves me without words. I can't imagine how he felt, serving his country for THEIR freedom. [​IMG]

10. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I agree....dropped on their heads....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by