1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'M SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sandyj, Mar 25, 2009.

1. sandyj

sandyj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    St.Paul, Minnesota
    I came home tonight and found one of my blue EE eggs had hatched. [​IMG] [​IMG] I have 5 more that I don't think are going to hatch. [​IMG] Now what?? Will this chick get lonely? Does it need a friend? I was sort of hoping to hatch at least 2. I will eventually be able to get 6 total. Probably this April or May. Should I go buy a couple babies???
    I'm sooo excited!! This is my 1st chick ever. YAE!!!

sandyj

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Go buy at least two more.

Congrats on ONE!
    ... better than none.

3. I'vegotchickenfever

I'vegotchickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Northwest Florida
    This is my 1st chick ever. YAE!!!

[​IMG] CONGRATS!! We got our first hatches recently too! It IS sooooo exciting.​

4. ChickieKeeta

ChickieKeeta C'mon C'mere Fluffa Feathers

Feb 16, 2009
    Cumberland County NJ
    [​IMG]
    Congrats on your first [​IMG]

5. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Congrats! I had a lone chick for 2 days until his buddy hatched and I had to carry him around beucase he would just sit and cry [​IMG] Poor guy lol, he has buddies now though!

6. sandyj

Dec 3, 2008
    St.Paul, Minnesota
    I just got back from the feed store. I bought one buff orpington and an EE chick to keep my one baby company. They are so cute. [​IMG] The EE chick I bought today looks nothing like the one that hatched last night. The one I hatched is black with gray-blue underneath its wings and butt and has black blue legs. I thought EE's had green legs???? [​IMG] It did come from a blue egg.

sandyj

7. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    maybe you somehow got a hold of a real Ameraucana egg??? You will have to post pics soon!! [​IMG] Glad you got some buddies for the little one!

8. sandyj

Dec 3, 2008
    St.Paul, Minnesota
    So, are real Ameracauna chicks black with black legs? I wish I knew how to post pics. I've tryed before, but have never had any luck. [​IMG] [​IMG]

sandyj

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by