I'm soooo PO'd!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SterlingAcres, Jul 18, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    So I read this thread about guns this morning here and was thinking I really need to buy a cleaning kit for my rifle, since my brother has mine and we're not speaking to him at the moment. I went online to Dick's Sporting Goods and see a picture of a guy carrying a bow and I'm like.... CRAP!!! Where's my bow!!? I haven't seen it here yet. We moved 3 weeks ago and most of our stuff is still in boxes, since we have major renovations going on...

My putz of a husband left my bow in the basement of the old house! I cannot even BEGIN to explain how much that thing cost me and I've had it for years! [​IMG] God, I could kill DH.

So much for going out for archery this year, I don't have the money to replace that....

2. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Quote:Ouch!

3. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Can you call the new home owner or landlord or go there and tell them what happened maybe you can get it back? I know how extremely expensive they are and I hope you can get your back.

4. BJ

BJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2007
    Well...nothing you can do about it now unless you are in touch with the people in the old house. The older I get (especially with destructive, careless, teenage boys), the more I have learned to let go of "stuff" and move on. My new motto with everything is that "it must've been meant to be" and "stuff happens".

I'm sorry for your predicament. Try not to get too upset with DH, since I'm sure the move was stressful for both of you. I do stuff all the time that affects DH and he could blow up at me every day, but he doesn't.

Maybe there is something else you can do this year instead of bow hunt that was "meant to be"...

5. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    No kidding, right?! I could strangle someone today. I have so much going on that I didn't even think about it until this morning.... .

*edited for language and content*

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2008
  6. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Well, actually my parents are living there. But we had a huge blowout (they cheated us out of $20,000!) and just for kicks, I'm sure they threw it out. They're like that.
    [​IMG]

*edited for content*

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2008
  7. okiemommy

okiemommy Mother of 5, Prisoner to None

May 26, 2008
    Okla-Homa
    AWW Shellie that SUCKS!!! I am so sorry that this happened!! I really hope that you are able to get it back. [​IMG]

8. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

ShellieESterling,
    your PM box is full. Go to the whatchagot swap!!!!! last page, 12 GUINEAS EGGS!!!!!!!!!

9. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Maybe you bite the bullet, and be the bigger man, and give them a call and see about getting it back???

10. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:That won't happen [​IMG] I agree with BJ though. It's just stuff. Now that I've had time to think about it, it's not THAT bad. It's not like he forgot one of our kids there.

Chareia, thanks so much! I got them [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by