I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Nuggetsowner:), Sep 15, 2007.

1. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    Yesterday I was complaining up a storm about my babies not layin' any eggs. This mornin at 6:10 I went out to the coop to do chores just as usual and once again no eggs! So I gave them their daily pep talk and back up to the house to make breakfast I went.
    Then at 8:10 I was getting my son ready for his football game and decided, well I'll look just one more time before I go. Well what do you know a beautiful egg!... (I'll post a pic later).. That's not the end of this story though...
    After my son's football game at 10:30am we headed to the farmers market. Needed some honey and there is a lady there who will give me cracked watermelon or different items for my chickens, so she gives me some treats and we head home.
    I go down to the coop and give the girls and Nugget their watermelon and decide just for fun to check for eggs just one more time. Guess what!! One more egg! Two eggs in one day!! I am the happiest chicken chick ever!!
    I am soo soo sorry for complaining about no eggs! I just love my girls! I will never complain again.

(untill next time I find something to gripe about)

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Congrats on the eggs... I still have at least 3 months to go before i can start the egg-watch!

Susan

3. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Quote:You can start now if you want, you'll have a very disapointing 3 months but nothing wrong with starting early. [​IMG]

4. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    LOL, its never too early to start looking for eggs! [​IMG]

Chel

5. Nuggetsowner:)

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    I lookod and looked and looked... but never found, just complained...untill today!!

6. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Congrats on the eggs!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] LOL... I know how frustrating it can be!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have eggs coming out my ears!!! [​IMG]

7. FrankBlissett

FrankBlissett Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    "...Yesterday I was complaining up a storm about my babies not layin' any eggs...."

We've a friend who swears that a strategicly placed axe never fails to motivate a few more eggs. [​IMG]

8. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Quote:better the ears than like a chicken you would have eggs coming out of your OH NEVER MIND this is a PG board [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Nuggetsowner:)

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    You guys are too funny.... I looked today and no eggs, but I said I wouldn't complain any more! I think I showed everyone in town my two eggs yesterday! They all think I'm crazy. Non chicken people just don't understand!!!!!

10. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    WindyOaksYokes wrote:
    Now I have eggs coming out my ears!!!

better the ears than like a chicken you would have eggs coming out of your OH NEVER MIND this is a PG board

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] No Kidding​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by