I'm Sorry

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WindyOaksYokes, Sep 1, 2007.

1. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    First of all I would like to appologize for a comment I made last week... I said that "I was not sure I wanted to put pics up of my kids because of all the wierdos out there"... After going through all the classes for my Associates in Administration of Justice I am just a bit leary anymore about posting my childrens pictures on the net (due to pedophiles)... I do not feel that I or they are threatend by anyone on this site... I am just an over protective mom... I hope you will all understand. Anyways, after seeing that many of you have posted pictures of your children, I decided to go ahead and post the pictures of when my son came home last week. So here they are... By the way... Dinner was wonderful... Just my son and I went out and yummyyyyyyyyy Prime Rib... it was wonderful!!!!

Pics REMOVED... for my childrens safety!!! Thank you for all the comments!!!
    Tes

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Got no problem with you feeling you need to protect your kids. That's what Moms do!

You're right there are just too many freaky people out there these days. Where they there when we were kids but just too dang naive(sp?) to realize it?

Your kids are just darling!

3. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Tess, I just tried to search your postings to see where your son had been? School? Never did find out but did find your bear posting! for goodness sake please be careful, they are wild animals and can't help a natural reaction to ANYTHING.
    On a lighter note...your kids are so cute [​IMG] All those redheads! My natural father was a redhead and I was born a redhead but then it changed but I do have a redheaded grandson now. Love those redheads. [​IMG]

4. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Never apoligize for protecting your kids, I wouldn't, and If for any reason I didnt' feel good about posting trust me I wouldnt post, that is our job to protect our kids till they are at leasst 25 maybe 30. My DW says I'm over protective, but that cant be. No such thing in my book.

5. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    You don't think wierdos come to this site? Just read the thread on chicken vents. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Actually, I would never post any family pictures on the net just like I never put my credit card number on the net, even the "secure" sites. I have never heard of anything bad coming from anyone posting such pictures on this site, but my dh has been in law enforcement for nearly 20 years so I have learned to be extra cautious, too.

By the way - you have a very nice family. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  6. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Thank you to all... I'm glad to know I am not the only one that is a "mother hen" and totally protective... I may end up deleating pics... but though I would put them up for my chicky friends to see at least.

When we were kids... ummmm they were kids??? LOL thats the only thing I can think of or our "judical system" just didnt aknowledge the problem back them... hmmm [​IMG] Makes you wonder doesnt it?

as for the posting of where my son has been.. here it is..(I had to do some searching myself!!!)
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14774

As for the bear... she hasnt been back since that night... hmmm [​IMG] or at least we have not seen any markings since then...

Heck... I will probably protect my kids until I am gone!!! LOL... they keep saying... "MOM, quit... I'm 18, 14" whatever the case may be... I dont care!!! "You are still MY BABY!!!"

And I agree... there is never such a thing as being over protective!!!!!!!!

BeckyLa - [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] yes I did see it... infact I have a couple of posts on it myself LMAO!!!!!

As for the red hair.... ummmm yah, interesting... I am a brunette... her natural father a dark brown almost black... but, he was born with red hair... he lost it though when he was about 5 from what his mother has told me... She has the red hair, red eye lashes, red eye brows and BLUE eyes... everyone keeps telling me that she will not loose that red hair... oh I hope not... BUT, she wishes she would!!! LOL... it is too funny... everytime we go to the store... "oh look at that hair, isnt she just darling" "you know they say if you rub a red headed childs head it brings good luck" "can I touch it?" LOL... she has a fit and hates going anywhere with me anymore LOL... the poor thing... but she is just the best little girl in the world!!!!!!!! She is so friendly and outgoing... has the best personality... have to watch this one... a heart breaker she is and will continue to be!!!! Shot gun by the front door [​IMG]

7. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    Tes I started a thread about showing kids with chickens. I posted all three of my kid's with our chickens. I thought hard about doing it. But I figured that they were very conservative pic's and found it really neat to see everyones kids loving chickens. It even made my Daughter feel better that she was not alone in the world of chicken obcession. I wouldnt remove the pic. I dont see anything to worry about. And like I told you in the email you sent me of the kids. You are very blessed to have Beautiful kids, you should be very proud of every one of them. Talk to you later!!

8. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Thanks Alice... appreciate the friendship and honesty... and thanks... you have beautiful kids too... talk to you soon

9. LaMamaGallina

LaMamaGallina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    everywhere

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  10. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Im glad to see members discussing the issue of internet safety. It is easy for us to get lulled into a feeling of safety because our community is so friendly and close knit. Unfortunately, our forum is also visible to a whole world out there that isnt always so nice. :mad:

Chel

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by