Im stomped on the crop

Kirbabychick

Chirping
Mar 30, 2021
Hi yall. So as u know im super new to the chicken life. Im raising silkies and just adore them and now raising tolbunt polish soon. Yesterday morning i went to do my normal routine feeding watering and cleaning out brooder and holding my babies. I have three born feb. 27th. And 4 born a. Month later. My favorite snuggle buddy one that was born feb 27th has a round pouch like area on the crop. Right side of the bird. I looked up things about sour crop and it doeant feel like its a blockage or any food in it for that matter. It just feels like a pouch of fluid. So shes been still eating and still eating grit and drinking. She doesnt seem lathargic. I just checked again this mor ing and when i found her her head was soaked. Im super scared and the pouch doesnt seem as large a little more gooshy than yesterday. I cant find anything on this. All she is on is chick starter food and once in a while i through in some all natural snack stuff for chicks to do foiage encouraging or something like that. Not a whole lot though. Any ideas.

Attachments

• 20210509_093545.jpg
    20210509_093545.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 7
Sounds like sour crop to me. In sour crop the crop feels large and saggy or water balloon-like. Contents of the crop do not empty regularly. The crop is visibly distended and soft.
What can i do for that? I seperated her. I held water and food for 12 hours till this morning and tried to give her yogurt. This morning it seemed smaller but i also havnt seen her poo either for awhile

Back
Top Bottom