I'm stuck here at the office while my new chicks.....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chicmom, Dec 6, 2011.

1. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    are in the brooder at home......I just want to be able to sit and watch them....But alas.....work interefered again........Sigh.....I just put them in the brooder with food, water, and the heat lamp, which is at a nice level for them to be able to stay warm........I wish I could keep my eye on them, instead of being here.......

Everything will be fine with them....they'll be fine......nothing to worry about, even though they just came out of the incubator this morning......I'm sure they're fine.......

THIS IS GONNA DRIVE ME NUTS! 4:30 CAN'T SOME SOON ENOUGH! [​IMG]

2. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Isnt that horrible?!?!?! LOL The time will come and you will go home and all will be well!!!!![​IMG]

3. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    I can totally relate. I have babies at home too.

4. chicmom

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Two hours and fifteen minutes left until I can leave this place! The poor little things......I hope they're running around, eating and scratching when I get home.....I only had about 20 mins to get them out of the incubator (they're all nice and fluffy) and put them into the brooder. I've had that brooder up and running all night long with the heat lamps on.....Had my thermometer under neath the heat lamp to make sure I had it at the perfect temp.....

Fresh water with some marbles in there so nobody drowns........A few paper towels down on top of the shavings with some chick crumbles sprinkled on it......I dipped their beaks each once.......in the water.......

But of course, I'm still worried......Wondering how they are doing......

I'm also sleepy because I don't sleep well when the hatching is going on.......I still had unhatched eggs.........Peeping eggs........WHAT'S GOING ON AT THE HOUSE?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Thank goodness you all can relate to me.......NOBODY UNDERSTANDS! EXCEPT Y'ALL! [​IMG]

Thank you Inkheart, and Spicegirl!

5. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    well we get it - what have you hatched? I am sure they are fine

6. chicmom

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Quote:So far, 3 Polish bantams, and 6x bantam Cochins have hatched......The Polish have about a 50/50 chance of being frizzle, and they're from my own flock, so I'm excited about those. And the colors of the bantam Cochins are Millie Fleur and I think blue splash or black splash.

I always like to sit and just watch the chicks for a good hour after I place them in the brooder.....I feel uneasy since I didn't get to stay long with them, but I did have my brooder set up and ready for them........

I'll be happy with just those, but I am hoping the other eggs will hatch too......Some had pips and were peeping.....I am getting worried because they didn't look to progress over night.......

7. OldChurchEggery1

OldChurchEggery1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Virginia
    My feelings exactly! My husband texted me a video of our 7 mo old daughter standing next to the brooder "talking" to the chicks. Ahhh!

8. chicmom

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Quote:TORTURE! haha I'm counting the minutes....We will both be able to go home soon!

9. snipercp

snipercp Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Nottingham
    have any more chicks hatched????

10. Papa Rooster

Papa Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2010
    DEATH COME APON THIS ROOM!!!!!!*akward silence* i meant work not brooders. god u guys r so negative*flips a desk and walks home*

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by