I'm stumped, any ideas?

The-White-Elephant

Philippians 4:13
Nov 3, 2021
NC
:frow Hope y'all are having a good day so far!

So, about 2 weeks ago, I hatched chicks. All was fine, got 18 chicks in all. Well, one egg hatched, and I have no clue who the parents could be. To give a little backstory: I have 13 hens, 4 EE's, 2 OE's, 3 WJG's, and 3 Cochins. Al these were bred to an Appenzeller Spitzhauben rooster.

Now, the egg that the chick hatched from, was a brownish colored egg, no idea who could have laid it. I thought a WJG could have, but one of them lays pointy pink eggs, and the other is broody. The 3rd WJG hasn't laid an egg in months, so she's out of the picture.

So that leaves the Cochins. Except, the chick has no feathered feet. Any ideas?

P.S.: This is just for fun :p

The Chick (sorry for the bad pictures, it's the white chick) vv image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Thanks for reading! --- @Mrs J

What is the breed of the last hen?

I only counted 12 in your breed description!

Otherwise I would think maybe your broody girl laid the egg before she went broody?
Whoops! Always get confused! It's 12 hens :p

The breed of the last hen? The One that hasn't laid in months?

I know it can't be the broody, I just got the same colored eg today :p

:frow Hope y'all are having a good day so far!

So, about 2 weeks ago, I hatched chicks. All was fine, got 18 chicks in all. Well, one egg hatched, and I have no clue who the parents could be. To give a little backstory: I have 13 hens, 4 EE's, 2 OE's, 3 WJG's, and 3 Cochins. Al these were bred to an Appenzeller Spitzhauben rooster.

Now, the egg that the chick hatched from, was a brownish colored egg, no idea who could have laid it. I thought a WJG could have, but one of them lays pointy pink eggs, and the other is broody. The 3rd WJG hasn't laid an egg in months, so she's out of the picture.

So that leaves the Cochins. Except, the chick has no feathered feet. Any ideas?

P.S.: This is just for fun :p

The Chick (sorry for the bad pictures, it's the white chick) vv View attachment 3062949View attachment 3062950View attachment 3062951

Thanks for reading! --- @Mrs J
Definitely the wig Mrs never lays gave you one

Back
Top Bottom