1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm SUCH a bad chicken momma!!!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Southern28Chick, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I'm ordering DE NOW!!!! My girls have mites and I don't even know what's wrong with my roo. His nostrals are full of crap!!! It might be dirt but IDK. I feel like a total crap head!!!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  2. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    OK now I forgot the real word for DE so I can't find it on Google. What does DE stand for again? I'm such an idiot!

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
  4. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Diatomaceous Earth, and don't feel bad, I keep my girls INSIDE at night, and I think they might have had mites, cleaned their box real well and found a few little tiny bugs underneath when I took it out.

So they got liberally dusted last night, not that they liked it, and again next week, as well as cleaning and dusting pen, coop, nestbox, etc. Ugh!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
  6. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Diatomaceous Earth. Just got done spreading it all through the coop and run...

7. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Thanks y'all!!! I've been calling it DE for so long I forgot the "big" word that it stands for.

8. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Ok I ordered 15 pounds!!! I HATE mites and lice! I feel really bad letting them infest my flock! What on earth did people do back in the day? Did they just let their flock suffer?

9. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Southern don't feel bad, hey I'm sure if I was a chicken then I would love to be one of yours.

10. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:That's so sweet. I feel that I've been a bad chicken momma because I've been so busy lately. I hope they can forgive me. People say that chickens don't give 2 cents about us but I can tell you they do come runnin when they see me comin...treats or not!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by