I'm tense, nervous, guilty, and tired.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by AnaD, Apr 2, 2011.

1. AnaD

AnaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    N. Ca
    This sucks something fierce. Poor Harry (our soon to be dinner roo) is freaked out by me and wouldn't let me put him in the coop with his girls so I left him in our enclosed outdoor run...which means I don't feel comfortable putting the ducks in with a POed rooster (their house opens into the enclosed run). I got the older pullets in the coop and the ducks into the chicken coop. I thought they would be fine with my little pullets who they free range with daily, but as soon as they got in they found a way past my temp wall into the big chickens side (the coop is divided for the wee chicks to be intorduced)...so far they (the chickens) have left them alone. The wee chickies are too afraid of the noises coming from Harry that they wont go near the coop and have escaped my attempt at herding. They are making their night time noise next to the sliding door [​IMG] I guess they can brave the night on a roost I have next to the house. I'll sleep on the couch with the screen closed and the glass door open incase of a predator.
    I just feel bad and worried about everything. Tomorrow will be our first time to harvest a rooster.
    I don't know what my question is...Maybe I just needed to tell someone my worries. [​IMG]

2. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    You don't have to feel guilty....you do what you have to do....I put 7 in the freezer last year! Thought I couldn't do it....seems I can. My hens are happier.

3. AnaD

AnaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    N. Ca
    Quote:LOL, I was looking at your page and I saw you have a Harry/Harriet too...I so loved my Harriet. Now Harry does not like me.

4. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    Some days are harder than others, those are the days I cry. The next day everything seems better . . . .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by