I'm thankful...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Sharona, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Sharona

Sharona Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm thankful to have gotten back into this hobby after so many years. I had forgotten how satisfying, gratifying and rewarding it is. I really don't mean to call it a hobby as it really is more of a lifestyle. I have been following a thread by "FamilyofChickens" and his quest to buy a goat - it's really made me think. The advice he's been receiving from fellow boardmembers is heartwarming, logical and wholesome. Sadly "wholesome" isn't something seen or heard everyday anymore. I can't tell you how many times I have read posts on this board assuming it was an older person and then learn by chance that that poster is a teenager. (I'm hoping this is reading as I'm meaning it.) The younger folks on here amaze me with their maturity, responsible actions, and great attitudes.

I wish everyone could have the opportunity to be involved in raising animals in some way. There is so much more to it than providing dishes of food and water.

I used to know this years ago but had gotten away from it and I'm so thankful I've brought this back into my life and to be a member of this wonderful community.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I wish I'd had this interest when I was raising my sons; it would have done them a world of good, I think. It's such a satisfying thing, isn't it? Glad to have met you on here, Sharon. I have some wonderful friends that will always be friends, no matter what happens to this board.

3. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    I agree with you on raising chickens. What is funny is my daughter now 11 yrs old got us started with animals. She is known at school as the girl who LOVES animals. My 14 yr old isn't as interested but she is more interested than she puts on and I know it's the age.

It's also something we as a family do together well except for the 14 yr old.

It's killing me for the next couple of days I can't go down to the chicken pen due to my knee surgery. I about drove my family crazy today about if they are taking care of them good enough and checking on them enough.

jackie

4. Sharona

Sharona Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2007
    Illinois
    Cyn, I really wish I had done this when my son was young too. One of the best parts has been the friendship!

Jackie, send them to the coop with the camera and at least you can peek in on your babies! Ya gotta have your fix! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by