I'm The New Chick In Town!!!

BRAHMA-MAMA2011

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 28, 2011
I AM A LITTLE STUMPED I HAVE 18 CHICKENS FROM BRAHMAS TO SLKIES TO RIR TO COCHINS! MY OLDEST HENRIETTA A RIR IS 26 WEEKS BUT NOT LAYING? SO I THINK. THEY ALL ROAM FREELY FROM THE FIRST CROW @ 6:20 'TIL 7PM. I HAVE SEARCHED THE LAWN AND BUSHES ..NO EGGS:rolleyes:

:(aww Really? That's Not What I Wanted To Hear...however I Also Am A Mom Of 2 Jack Russel Terriors Whom Would Never Leave An Abandoned Egg Alone.....now What?

welcome-byc.gif
Build nest boxes?
big_smile.png

Quote:
Hello and welcome to BYC!
It's possible that she's just a late bloomer. Does she do the 'submissive squat' when you approach her? If so, she's either about to lay (within the next week or so) or already has started to lay somewhere private. Four to six months is an average for chickens to begin producing eggs, but I have a Silkie who never laid an egg until she was 14 months old!!! (unusual, yes but possible).
43104_byc_welcome_photo_eggs_in_carton.jpg

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I would advice nesting boxes somewhere even if they have no coop I know someone who has chickens with no coop and he just has stacks of nesting boxes out in the open works great they know where to go when they need to let out an egg
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom