I'm the roo?!?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 2dogs1cat, Aug 2, 2010.

1. 2dogs1cat

2dogs1cat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    When I got to pet my EE she immediately squats. I walked by her tonight and she squatted. I'm her roo now? Oh brother *lol*

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    LOL At my house, I am a roo too.

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Yah, you are. At the very least, you are Top Chicken. I am at my house, too. My rooster keeps suggesting I should accept his advances (he offers me pretty leaves, shiny pebbles, short sticks) but I let him know I am Top Chicken above HIM, too.

4. TomG

TomG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Lake Oswego
    My 17 week old Golden sex link has started squatting for me. She also attacks the other pullets when I pick them up. I sort of think she gets jeolous.

5. 2dogs1cat

2dogs1cat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Linda, that is so sweet of him [​IMG] He's quite the suitor.

6. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    For my flock I am the bringer of food- turner of rocks- pnut sheller-roo. I also find young blades of grass, worms when weeding and offer up grapes. [​IMG] The BO's always squat for me- the BR would rather not.

7. afishel

afishel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Spencer, Ind
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I lost my one and only roo that I had a week ago sunday and this past week quite a few of my girls did the same thing 2 me!! I had to laugh! [​IMG]
    So this Sunday Yesterday I went and bought a new Roo and today MONday NOT 1 of them squatted at me! so he is satisfying them already. After I lost my roo i was NOT going to get another Roo but since they were so lonely i gave in I felt like they were begging me! LOL
    I peeked in the coop last night to see where he was roostin and he was right there between the 3 oldest girls LOL
    [​IMG]

8. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    The girls always come running whenever I go into their run and they quickly squat down if I get close or reach to pet them. They're really submissive and it gives me a chance to check for mites and the like. I usually sit down in the run and they gather around talking and checking out my clothes and hands expecting to get treats. To them I am the roo.

That is cute about the roo bring you sticks, pebbles, and leaves.

9. atimme

atimme Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Chicago
    I too, am the roo. [​IMG]

10. featherbaby

featherbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL 32210
    I had to have a serious talk with my flock. I absolutely, positivily do not date outside of my species. I tried it once (I was human, he was Klingon) but it came to a very bad end.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by