I'm think I am gunna lose a chicken...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgan7782, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I think my sweet sweet Munk has an impacted crop.. She won't eat the oil bread I made, and she is just lathargic as heck.. I can't stop crying.. Her crop feels hard, and I have tried massaging it over and over. She is way too lathargic. Nothing else is wrong, no runny nose, NOTHING. But I tried doing the oil bread, massaging and now I am just keep crying and feeling awful.. She is my chicky bo bo, I raised her from the start and she is my only EE..

2. jenni2142

jenni2142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    South Carolina
    sometimes you can dribble the oil along the side of her beak and get some into her. maybe post in the emergency section, good luck.

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I just pried her beak open and got some oil bread into her. Is there a "too much" with the olive oil? I've searched all the crop impaction stories, but a lot of them didn't end well. I will post there now in the er section..

I really don't want to lose her.. Especially because I raised her from a hatchling.. I will go post now in er

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by