Im thinking about breeding silkies of different colors... can you guys post pictures of the differen

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by MeghanChickLady, Aug 8, 2014.

1. MeghanChickLady

MeghanChickLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2014
    Like the title says, Im probably going to start breeding come next summer. I love the partridge color of silkies, its absolutely beautiful. Buff also catches my eyes. However, I currently own white silkies, and I know that there are black ones as well. These are the only colors I know of. I heard there are others. If you can, can you post pics of the other color silkies?

2. Jedwards

Jedwards Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2014
    Berks County, PA
    In addition to those colors there are red, blue, and splash. I think the splash ones are exceptionally beautiful. Hope this helps!

3. littlekatzz

littlekatzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2012
    Also paint, cuckoo,porcelain, self blue, and I'm sure plenty more colors as well

4. MeghanChickLady

Aug 6, 2014
    I just searched "silkie splash color" and you are right, they are stunning! Thank you! They are so pretty

5. Jedwards

Jedwards Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2014
    Berks County, PA
    You're welcome! [​IMG]

6. MeghanChickLady

Aug 6, 2014
    thanks so much you guys! Porcelain, I find, is very fancy. I absolutely LOVE these colors! Thanks to you both!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by