Im thinking about hatching eggs from a natural grocery store

rikku_03

Songster
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Anchorage
I've heard of people hatching Trader Joes fertile eggs so I was thinking that I could buy fertile eggs from a natural food grocery store to hatch because we dont have Trader Joes here and I was wondering if anybody knew if they label the eggs on when the were packaged and put in the refridgerater so I could find the newest one

Here is the link to the website from the store I might get them from http://www.natural-pantry.com/shop/...AQVMPDL9L5UHTS2WLU67NADEHUA&private_product=0

Last edited:

bel

Songster
10 Years
Jan 15, 2010
East bay
I've not tried hatching any of them them yet but have bought grocery store eggs plenty in the past.
Some may have a packing date hidden in the lot number, but if not you can also look at the expiration date, further away it is fresher they are. (If they are rotating stock properly newer is found at the back of the shelf)

Last edited:

PeepsInc

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
NY Tri State region
Just thought I'd mention. I have an auction for almost 2 dozen eggs, 3 breeds. Basically for the price of shipping. They haven't been put in cleanser or refrigerated like a store bought. & definitely fertile. I have a bunch hatching as I type.

Top Bottom