I'm thinking I should have named him Whiz Bang.

herechickychicky

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 19, 2010
Marion
My rooster (who normally is fairly nice, as in, gives me space) decided that he wanted to be the boss. I let the chickens out, and went to change their water. I was hunched over to put the new water in their dish and I felt wings flapping on the back of my legs. I spun around, and there is Mackey, backing away, only to come at me again. Oh HELL NO. I stuck my foot out, and he flew right into it. One quick shove of the boot, and SQUAWK!!!!, off he went flying backwards. I walked over, picked up that silly bird, and paraded him around the pen in front of the hens. He's behaved himself for the rest of the day, we shall see if he remembers that I am NOT a chicken tomorrow. I told my husband that if there's too much more of that we are going to have Mackey Stew. I'm sure he is just as delicious as he is beautiful.
lol.png

You have the proper attitude.
clap.gif
Nip his bad behavior in the bud, and if he persists a one way trip to the freezer.

i tell my chickens about freezer camp and the crockpot camper they learn to behave but with Mackey id tell him hed be mac and cheese!
wink.png
hope he behaves though

I was hunched over to put the new water in their dish and I felt wings flapping on the back of my legs.

You squatted in front of him, what's a poor self-respecting Roo to do?
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom