I'm tired of deceptive postings

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenannie, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    For all the many, many wonderful, terrific people and posts on this forum, there are clearly folks who hide behind the anonymity of the Internet and put false or deceptive posts on here.

I'm not talking about trolls, I'm talking about those posts which are hiding the real motives of the poster. It makes the rest of us, who are trying to educate, or help, or share info, PO'd -- and it wastes our time.

Some of those posters seem to be very needy and just making up stories to get compliments, or empathy.

Others have political or work-related motives to get "information" from BYC threads. I've seen some threads where the poster is clearly using people's responses for other hidden purposes.

I won't mention any names, but I'll just say, if you can't be honest about who you are and your intentions, then don't bother posting misleading questions or comments. It is not fair to the rest of us who make this a decent Web site for learning and sharing.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  2. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

wow annie, how would some one mis use this site for their other purpose? i dont get it, but i too love this site and would hope to keep it helpfull and running good

3. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    I've noticed that too a couple times, I sorta wanted to say "Spit out the real purpose" a couple of times here and there.

4. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    Wow uhmm you wouldn't get mad at somone who believed they were telling someone the right info and weren't 100% sure about it but let the person know that you weren't would you?

5. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I must not read enough threads...... have you reported them to admin?

6. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    [​IMG]

I am not shure I follow you , can you give some examples edited of course to protect the innocent so to speak . Cause Im kinda lost .[​IMG]

7. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    I know I've posted before and been completely misunderstood and have had peeps get mad at me.

8. ashtray

ashtray Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Staunton VA
    Quote:what

9. Wow , not sure what is going on , kinda lost or didn't see the threads you are talking about. I too would like to see some examples .

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Call me naive. I don' t see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by