I'm tired of the city....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Princess Amri, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Most of my life I've lived in the country. Until last spring. Now I'm here in the middle of a neighborhood of manicured lawns and chickenfree yards.
    As if it isn't bad enough, I edited a picture with our new property. Now I'm nearly dying of longing! Here's my picture which I shouldn't have done:
    [​IMG]
    Beautiful.

The point is that I'm so sick of city life!
    Next year...

2. TexasVet

TexasVet Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    I never, ever want to move back to the city, but I may have no choice. There aren't many jobs out in the sticks that pay enough to live on, and the daily commute to Houston is a killer.

Kathy, Bellville TX
    www.ChickenTrackin.com

3. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I know. Aren't cities unpleasant? And every night I feel scared for my chickens. I hope you won't have to move to the city.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am lucky enough to live in the sticks and only have a 22 mile commute.

5. yellowchickensmomma

yellowchickensmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    We moved from the city about 4 years ago. I never never never want to live in the city again. DH has a 50 min ride to work.

6. Julie_A

Julie_A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    Quote:You and me both!

7. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Quote:I live north of Belleville ONTARIO ha ha ha which actually is a city. I agree, not a lot of jobs in the country thats why I have to drive 25 minutes to work at Chapters, and it's just seasonal.

8. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    I don't thnk I could live in the city again...been out here in the boonies too long...I have lived in big cities: Minneapolis, Atlanta, Munich, Tampa, Savannah, Augusta, others...they all smell the same, bad...I don't do lines and crowds and traffic...they put a flashing lite up in my town the year before last at THE intersection and I thought for a minute I was going to have to move further into the bush...now there is a second one at the other intersection...gettin' creepy around here!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  9. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I grew up in the city and a large one at that. It wasn't until 6 years ago we moved to the mtns of NC and I will never live in a city again. This is just too pretty, too relaxing, too quiet.

10. SilverStar

SilverStar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    california
    I hate the city [​IMG] I moved out of the city 13 years ago and will never go back!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by