I'm too impatient for this *UPDATE*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lady chicken whisperer, Feb 4, 2009.

1. lady chicken whisperer

lady chicken whisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Ohio
    I have 5 barred bantam cochin eggs in the bator now. Last night we started hearing peeping and seeing lots of movement. The first one pipped at 11:30 and the second sometime before 5:30. I just got my third pip but the first chick still hasnt done anything yet.

Im too impatient for this stuff. It figures that they would come a day early when I have school. Boo, I cant hover over the bator all day......I will get nothing accomplished at school today lol

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Always best to find somethig to do on hatch day!! Even the seasoned hatchers find themselves glued to the bator windows!!! lol

Patience and no bator opening!!!! They need time and they should be fine!!! Will not hatch til they are good and ready!!!

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

It's definately best if you aren't there. It's easier to keep your hands off the incubator if you aren't home [​IMG]

4. lady chicken whisperer

Aug 8, 2007
    Ohio
    Well, the problem is that im still scarred by our first hatch. We borrowed an incubator that was like a hundred years old and wouldnt keep the humidity up for anything. I had lots of chicks make it to full term and then die in the egg.

Im just keeping an eye on them, the first is still very active, so I wont touch til it stops lol

5. lady chicken whisperer

Aug 8, 2007
    Ohio
    So the first chick is finally out, all have pipped but havent made much progress.

SO I said i had 5 bantam barred cochin eggs in the bator right? Well it seems as if my mom got the eggs a little messed up because the first chick out is definitely not a barred!!!

6. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    you know u have to post a pic know that way we can figure the chick out

7. lady chicken whisperer

Aug 8, 2007
    Ohio
    oh I know what it is. It is a bantam buff brahma. The barred cochins are in their own pen and the only other bantams we have are the brahmas.

So who wants babies??? lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by