I'm TOTALLY ticked

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ncCHICKS, Nov 15, 2008.

1. ncCHICKS

ncCHICKS Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Hope Mills, NC
    Many of you know, a few days ago I lost my baby (dog). Mom JUST walked in the door with a puppy with an id tag that said CHAMP, SHE EVEN NAMED IT AFTER HIM!!!!!!! If it wasn't bad enough

[​IMG]

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    she is just trying. [​IMG] just rename it, those name tags are cheap

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh honey I am sorry. she tried to please you...try not to take it too hard. She just doesn't understand. We moms are not perfect all the time. [​IMG]

4. ncCHICKS

Oct 5, 2008
    Hope Mills, NC
    She's asked me MULTIPLE times if I wanted another dog and I said I'm not ready yet. He was my first dog. I've been by his side, him by mine FOREVER... She got the pup anyway, she got mad. The puppies ugly too (no offense to pup.

5. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I'm so sorry about you losing your dog. I'm still crying after loosing my girl months ago. I miss her so much.

Some people just cannot think about ever having another dog/pet when they lose one. Other people need a new dog/pet to help them through the loss of the first one.

I'm one of the second kind of people. I would love to have a new puppy to help me not miss my dog so badly. We just can't afford another dog right now or I'd already have added one to our family.

You need to be honest with your mom, I think she was just trying to help you feel better. If that's not the right thing for you, tell her. Don't let this new pup suffer in a home where he's not wanted.

6. junebug7334

junebug7334 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Maybe your mom is greiving too. She may want a new puppy-but doesn't know how to say it. We all just do the best we can.[​IMG]

7. ncCHICKS

Oct 5, 2008
    Hope Mills, NC
    He's not suffering, he's on my lap. Ugly little thing.... With my second dog, who got ran over, I found myself overcomparing all other dogs to him. Jeep wouldn't snap at him, Jeep would jump the gate no problem. I don't want that to happen with this puppy and Champ. Jeep was a malemute who as I said, loved to jump. Well he chewed his tie out (used it to let him be outside but since he jumped he couldn't free run) and jumped the 5 foot gate, climbed whatever. The truck was bigger than him They didn't even stop. I even caught myself comparing Champ and Jeep. I know it's not the pups fault. So... I guess it needs a name...

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:Your heart will be won over really soon. [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I can tell you from experience that a new pet is the best way to get over one you lost. Even if it is ugly, you will grow to love it and wonder why you ever felt this way. [​IMG]

10. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    Quote:you will never find another like the one thats gone,do your best with this one and except him for who he is and things will go great..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by