I'm trying to build a good coop for cheep.

buttons

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 21, 2009
I'm trying to build a coop for 10 or more chickens. Right now I have two but I'm planing to get some more in late feb. I make $100 every weekend but have to pay for my two dog's and cat's food and vet stuff. What's a cheep coop plan?

From the BYC rules:

8. Do not post your phone number or your age (especially if you are a minor) or any other personal info you don't want the whole world to see.

This is only for your safety. Thank you for understanding.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and Welcome hope someone sees this and can help you. just wanted to say high
big_smile.png

Edited to remove age.​

Last edited by a moderator:
nice! When I first saw this site I thought it was for older people but I'm glad that some one my age has an interest in chickens.

Quote:
Ya its nice to see other young people on here I have a flock of 13 laying hens and pullets of many different colorful breeds also have 1 blue ameraucana rooster right now. I am also faced with monthly feed bills for my chickens and coop and medical costs although my parents pay for the dogs.

Glad to see you here,
Henry

Don't worry about plans at this stage - what you need are MATERIALS. Scrounge whatever you can -- pallets, wood packing crates, freecycle, craigslist, curbside, construction sites (ask permission), etc.

Then once you have about a coop's worth of stuff, you can figure out a plan that will use it
smile.png

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

Word of advice.
Get your coop ready, before you get more chickens. If you get the chickens first, and they are growing along like they do, you may get to the point were you have to get it finished. Then, your forced to buy new material. It happend to me.

I think post type construction is the easiest most efficient way to build. I spent around $600 on my coop and run, but if I hadn't got myself in a bind, because I had chickens getting too big for my garage, I could have done for half that probably.

Coopandrun005.jpg

Coopandrun003.jpg

I built this for the most part, by myself. I only need help holding things at certian times, then I called my wife

If you are interested in this style, I have alot of pics of the progress, and you can see how it went together. Just send me a PM

Last edited:
I am planning to get chickens. I think I might get at the most ten chickens depending on how much money and room I have in the coop for them. I live in Florida, so I have to worry a bit about snakes, so what kind of chickens should I get (I'm worried about space) and what kind of coop should I make? Any blueprints and ways to get my supplies for cheaper would be really helpful. I am new to this website, so I really need someone to help me along. Thanks you guys!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom