I'm unsure on what to do now...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by collingwood, Mar 8, 2015.

1. collingwood

collingwood Chillin' With My Peeps

I've been excited about my broody ducks! But my drake does not seem to be fertile... So I put chicken eggs under one egg hatched but died my chicks have died so many times now I've given up... I always thought I'de be a successful chicken breeder but every time I've tried something goes wrong! My chickens don't feel as special now but I hope some time soon I'll feel that they are better again... I've failed again... I put this in the emergencies and diseases section because I think this is an emergency... All I need is something that will make my chickens special again... All I need is baby chicks...

2. collingwood

Please help... Give me an idea on something I can do with my chickens.

3. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    Well, is your parent stock vaccinated for Mareks, MG or anything else? Have they been tested for pullorum or salmonella? Do you vaccinate your new hatches? Are you incubator hatching or broody hatching? How is your boisecurity? Maybe a necropsy is in order. What do you do for coccidiosis? Medicated feed, preventative medicating or nothing unless they show coccidiosis symptoms? Have your adult chickens ever had any type of respiratory issues? Are your chicks dying before or after hatch or both?
    Sorry for your losses.[​IMG]

4. collingwood

I haven't heard of those diseases the only time I would vaccinate is when they get sick but I've never had any diseases with my chickens that I know of!

5. justplainbatty

justplainbatty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    emmet MI
    We have this http://www.poultryimprovement.org/default.cfm in the U.S. I don't know the equivalent organizations in your country. Any way, you can always read up on line, the diseases I mentioned. [​IMG]

6. collingwood

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by