I'm worried... I need to ask...

Balbinka

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
California
When my goslings begin to emerge from their eggs, will they have enough air in a Little Giant Still-Air incubator?
One of the red "pluggies" is out... but I am so worried that they will suffocate before they dry off and I can remove them.

There will (hopefully) be a total of four goslings all (officially) due on Wednesday.

Sorry, worried first-time mommy!
I want everything to be perfect.

-Jasmine

Quote:
There is no such thing as perfect. You should have at least one, if not BOTH of the red plugs out of the bator. However, this can change the temp in the bator. One out is fine. The bator isn't air tight, and won't suffocate the goslings if you have one in. I hope you don't have the same problem as me by wanting to help with the hatch! I always need to occupy myself or sit on my hands on hatch day!

Best of luck to you and your goslings!

Quote:
There is no such thing as perfect. You should have at least one, if not BOTH of the red plugs out of the bator. However, this can change the temp in the bator. One out is fine. The bator isn't air tight, and won't suffocate the goslings if you have one in. I hope you don't have the same problem as me by wanting to help with the hatch! I always need to occupy myself or sit on my hands on hatch day!

Best of luck to you and your goslings!

Ok.

Thank you for the quick reply.
The one plug has been out since Week 2 for air exchange.

I will definitely have to remain distracted or bound to a chair... either one will work.
tongue.png

They will be fine so dont worry. Only a couple of days to go and your on similar due hatch date to me
wink.png

They should be internally pipping soon if all's going well
wink.png

Regards

Pete

Yes, you should have both plugs out for ventilation during hatch. If this causes problems with humidity put a warm wet washcloth in the incubator.

The gosling was removed from the incubator and "manually" dried.
The humidity was too high for it to dry at all.

Back
Top Bottom