I'm writing a book/story!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Daddas1Punkin, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    I'm working on a story/book that is about Cassidie (28) a girl who must take care of her little sisters Emma (19) and Hanna (6), and Emma's 3 mo. because their mother passed away right after Hanna was born. Cassidie doesn't get along with Lyle (21), Emma's boyfriend, and that causes problems from the beginning for all of them. Also, Cassidie's best friend Jake (28) that is desperately in love with her and tries his best to get her to love him back. When all else fails, he decides to give up and just be her friend. Will asking her out since the 7th. grade pay off? Or will Jake just waste his time? Will Cassidie love him? Or loose him? What happens when they find the kids missing???

Find out in about a week when we shoot the pic.s for the book. I will post one chapter at a time on BYC for you all!

We would have shot about a week ago, but I got a bad cold that pretty much left me in bed sick to my stomach, then today when I felt better it POURED DOWN RAIN! (and hail) It is also freezing out. It didn't get up past 37* yesterday, and that is COLD for here. What happened to "Sunshine in Ca.?" lol, but it would be okay with the rain, for ONE day of shooting. For one scene in particular, I think it would perfectly set the mood, for a pic on the front porch, but we have a REAL LIVE BABY to work with, and that would not be practical. We will most likely shoot over a 3 day span. Weather, and sickness permitted, that is... I REALLY love the people that are working with me on this, they are some of my closest/best friends in the whole world! Omg, just checked my calender, and make that a 2 day shoot. One of the people, my best friend's birthday is on the 4th. so we will shoot Wed. & Thurs. That is a lot of work to do in two days. It is hard to be serious when we need to be sometimes. Me and my best friend (who is playing Jake, as I am playing Cassidie...) and I have a hard time being serious sometimes, we have a very happy, and fun relationship, and that poses some problems for a few of the scenes. I will have my mom take as many pic.s as she can, even when we're not ready, that way you can see some of the goofiness we share. We ,like I said, have a fun relationship, but we should be able to be serious for one pic. at a time! Hopefully, so wish us luck and please Please, PLEASE read it as it comes along! Thank you all for your time.

2. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    [​IMG] I'll keep reading [​IMG]

3. TallChickMagnet

TallChickMagnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2012
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    I sent you a PM. [​IMG]

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

5. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Thanks! I appreciate it!
    Thanks, I got it! That's awesome, by the way!
    :)

6. Quail lover

Quail lover Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2012
    Sounds like an awesome story :)

7. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Thank YOU!

8. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    If you guys want, I could post the first chapter with no pic.s tomorrow, then I will have pic.s next week. It's up to you guys...

9. Quail lover

Quail lover Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2012
    Nah, just send us all hard copies ;)

But seriously, a good technique to use when writing any book is to write it all, proof read after, make changes while proof reading, wait a few months to get a fresh head, and then do a final proof read and edit :)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  10. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    yea, I already wrote it as if it were a play, then I am making it into a storylike form. Lol, okay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by