I'm yet another newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BabaYaga, Oct 12, 2009.

1. BabaYaga

BabaYaga Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2009
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    Hi. javascript:insert_text('[​IMG]',%20'') I caught "chicken fever" this spring from a friend who keeps hens, and have now passed it on to another friend, who fell in love with my hens. (She's up over 40 birds now.) I bought 6 BO pullets and dh and the kids helped build a very rustic pen and coop. The girls are so sweet! I free range them in the afternoon and they come running to me whenever I come outside. I also have 3 ten week old silkies, a birthday present to my 7 yo son from my "chicken lady" friend. One of my hens went broody, so I offered her "services" and now she's sitting on 6 speckled sussex eggs. javascript:insert_text('[​IMG]',%20'');

Other interests: 4 kids, all homeschooled; dh keeps bees and brews beer, wine and mead; we adopted a retired maremma shepherd dog; I am NOT a crazy feral cat rescue lady I don't care what anyone tells you! javascript:insert_text('[​IMG]',%20''); ; my teens volunteer at a living history museum; my 3 daughters and I bellydance; dh and I run a small business in addition to his day job. In our spare time we . . . what spare time?

I've been lurking for a while and my middle daughter says it's time for me to sign on (she chose my username). I learn so much every day here. A lot of it I hope I never need to use, but it's so good to know that if I get in trouble this great resource is here. I'm really impressed with how helpful and supportive the tone is on the forum.

-BabaYaga
    my house isn't on chicken legs, but wouldn't that be cool?

2. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Hey there and [​IMG] from Colorado!!

3. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    we love [​IMG] newbies...
    [​IMG]

4. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    Glad you quit lurking and joined! [​IMG]

5. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Welcome from OKLAHOMA! What great state are ya from?

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Washington

Congrats on the chickens

Imp

7. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Hey, sounds like you fit right in here!! Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] These chickens sure are addictive aren't they?!

We just got a Maremma a few months ago, he is a great dog!! Haven't lost anything since!! [​IMG] What part of the country do you hail from? My family is in the chilly north, almost completely unemployed state of Michigan!! [​IMG] Not sure who is leaving faster, the people or the businesses!! [​IMG] Oops, that is another story.

8. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

**runs in fear from BabaYaga!!!!*** Oh, ok... BYC member so maybe she won't cook me up and eat me! ((gotta watch those forum names!!! [​IMG] )

Seriously though, [​IMG] Happy to meet you! Glad you're here! [​IMG] Hope you enjoy your time with us!! [​IMG]

9. BabaYaga

BabaYaga Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2009
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    We live in rural Virginia, with a view of the mountains.

-BabaYaga

10. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Oohhh, sounds warmer than here!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by