Imagage searches

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by miohippus, Jan 21, 2011.

1. miohippus

miohippus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2010
    I was looking for a picture of Miohippus (the horse) and noticed that my photos of chickens were in the image surch results is there any way to keep this from happening?

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Uh, this is Backyardchickens, so I would expect loads of chicken pictures to show up, including your own.

3. 44Wolves

44Wolves Here is Your New Title

Jun 28, 2009
    Quote:No.... And maybe you might wanna join Backyardherds if You are a Horse-Person.

4. miohippus

Sep 23, 2010
    sorry about being unclear i was looking in the Yahoo imiage search for a picture of miohippus the horse anster which is also my screen name and found my photos that i posted of my chickens on this site on it under miohippus and was wonder if there was some way to keep the pictures i posted on here form showing up on the yahoo.com image search.

5. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:I don't think there's a way to keep your pictures from appearing there. It's annoying, but I don't think there's a way to prevent it from happening. I suppose you could watermark all of the pictures or something. [​IMG]

6. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

They aren't just from BYC. Pictures from threads you comment on are also there. So are other places like blogs.

Scary.

7. miohippus

Sep 23, 2010
    Thought that might be the case but thought i would ask anyway; Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I was, for fun, doing a google image search for a picture of an "imp sitting on eggs". Found a picture of my cat. Didn't bother me, but wonder what other people will think.

Course I might be the only person to ever google that.

Imp

9. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    I found mine too... Search for 'BirdNut' and you'll get pics of my Silkie. I think it's time I start using watermarks, and I would advise the same for you.

And as for filtering the search to prevent this from happening again, I'm afraid you can't.

10. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by