1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Impacted Crop?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PaulaBowie, Oct 9, 2015.

1. PaulaBowie

PaulaBowie New Egg

Oct 9, 2015
    Undigested grass and seeds in very watery poop. Has been going on for at least two weeks.Crop fully packed at night and still half packed crop in am. Can feel a hardish ball in crop. Easy to manipulate and break a part. Can feel seeds in the mass. Isolated her yesterday morning. Only water given. Drinking and still pooping mostly water with a few seeds, five seeds and one teaspoon of greyish feed.
    This am, no more pooping since yesterday. Looks sick. Closing eyes and the skin around her eyes getting paler. ? In pain? Comb is still pink but not as red as it usually is. Gave yogurt last night and it seemed to perk her up a bit. Just gave her the epsom salt water in her pen and some raw egg. Ate some of the raw egg but not the water. Waiting for Dulcolax to be brought from town by my husband. Should I try to vomit her? IS this sour crop or impacted crop. No smell that I can detect so far. Please and thanks.

2. Akrnaf2

Akrnaf2 The educated Rhino Premium Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by