Impacted Crop?

Suskm

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 9, 2012
Fort Valley GA
My beautiful Pearl is not well. Her comb and wattles are pink as opposed to red. She is mopey and not her usual busy self. I was watching her yesterday when I let the girls out of their pen to free range. It appeared to me that her crop was kind of swinging back and forth as she scratched around. The other hen's crop don't do that at all. She will eat and drink water and does move around the run and coop, I observed that she stands in one place with one of her legs curled up to her chest for long periods of time with her head kind of hunkered down. I picked her up last night and her crop feels hard. It was suggested that I need to worm her but she doesn't have any indication that this is her problem (maybe). I don't see evidence of worms or mites. No yellow poop and no bad smell coming from her beak. I'm pretty sure she isn't laying either.

Anyway, please check out these images of her and let me know what you might suggest is going on! I've only been at this for a couple of years. I have never had any problems besides a bumble foot on this same girl. I sure would like to help her out.

Thanks ahead of time!

Back
Top Bottom