1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

impacted sinus? treatment options? PIC

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by aimee6286, Jan 6, 2016.

1. aimee6286

aimee6286 New Egg

Oct 10, 2015
    [​IMG]

History: This same hen had to have antibiotics a couple months ago due to full blown respiratory illness and she had a swollen face then, but i could mash this bump and it was soft and when i did, bubbles would appear in her eye (i assume that's normal sinus cavity stuff).

Now: This time, the bump is hard. nothing happened when i mashed on it. Just noticed this in the last few days, and have given oral vetrx. She seems to be eating and acting fine with no respiratory symptoms and is still laying daily.

someone suggested maybe impacted sinus- any thoughts on that or anything else it may be and best route of treatment?
    Thanks!

2. Macamania

Macamania Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2014
    Eva, Alabama
    I would put Clorox in the drinking water for a day or so. An ounce to a gallon.

1 person likes this.
  3. casportpony

casportpony Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    That seems like way too much bleach for a gallon.

-Kathy

4. Macamania

Macamania Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2014
    Eva, Alabama
    That's what I do, but I measure. I don't guess.

5. casportpony

casportpony Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012

Probably not a good idea to use that much bleach.

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by