philter4

Songster
8 Years
Apr 3, 2011
Placerville CA
Around $500 for a young pair, I bought my first pair for $450 about 2 years ago. I purchased eggs earlier this year for about $60 per egg and now have 3 unrelated chicks to add to my chicks from the pair I have now.

Tony K T

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 28, 2008
New Hampshire
I've got 18 eggs from 2 breeder pairs,but no chicks yet.Not having a very good hatching season here.The hens didn't lay as many eggs this year and they all started to set real early.Just had mom swinhoe come off the nest today(fri) with 3 chicks.I still have an amherst,lewis silver,temminick tragopan and a grey peacock hens still setting.I have 2 grey peacock and 3 temminicks hatched so far.
In N.H.,Tony.

arteacher

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 24, 2010
I have had a pair for 4 years now and never raised a chick. Layed 2 eggs on the roost last year and has NOT laid an egg this year. On a brighter note I have 2 Temminick chicks that mom hatched on her own. I usually have way too many amherst and golden chicks by now but this year I have 2. Eggs are not hatching?

Tony K T

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Impeyans are notorious for eating their eggs.I'm sure this is why you have had no eggs this year.My olderr pair has eaten a few of theirs before I could get them.
In N.H.,Tony.
Quote:

toejam

Never enough birds
10 Years
Dec 21, 2009
SW Ohio, Wilmington
I would get them,as long as you have read up on them. They dig a lot and need a well drained aviary, and many otherneeds but I was just naming a few.

Good luck though,
Justin

Top Bottom