1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Important I need help!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Randhawa chickens, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Randhawa chickens

Randhawa chickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    Australia
    I have my new hova bator 1585a with a turner and I was just wondering how
    Do fill the troughs because I don't want to open it and I'm stuck for ideas please could somebody help
    Thank you

Jai [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I usually run a length of clear "airline" tubing, the kind for fish tanks, through the same opening for the turner cord. One end in the water troughs, one end hanging out. I use a large, needleless syringe to add water as needed.

Happy hatching!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  3. Randhawa chickens

Randhawa chickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    Australia
    But if you already have the turner in there how do you fit it with the cord [​IMG]

4. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

Quote:Run it from the troughs up between the racks, then out a vent hole in the top.

Personally I just open mine daily......that way if an egg is bad, I can usually tell & catch it so it does not explode.

Or from the vent, between the racks, down to the troughs. Some people use two tubes. Some just use one.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  5. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Quote:Are you incubating or on lockdown? If incubating you can just open and fill, if on lockdown, you should have the turner out....[​IMG]

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Notched it a tiny bit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by