IMPORTANT INFORMATION - JANOEL INCUBATOR FAULT

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by purplesquirrel, Feb 18, 2014.

1. purplesquirrel

purplesquirrel Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2013
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    I bought a JANOEL incubator brand new (takes 9 chicken eggs) from the internet.
    I had a 100% successful hatch on first lot.
    Second, tried to incubate duck eggs, died before they hatched.
    Tried to incubate 9 chicken eggs a couple months later, from 4 different sources, all eggs failed to hatch, cracked them open, to find fetus' all dead at different stages of growth, bigger eggs grew the biggest but still died.

Bought a digital thermometer, placed it inside incubator.
    My Incubator screen says it's 37.5 c, but the digital thermometer says it's 35.5 c.

MY INCUBATOR SCREEN IS INACCURATE BY 2 DEGREES. FLUCTUATES SLIGHTLY BY A HALF A DEGREE.
    PLEASE BUY A SEPARATE DIGITAL THERMOMETER TO TEST JANOEL INCUBATORS!

I've turned up my incubator 2 degrees, so now on the 'bator screen it says it's 39.5 c, making my digital thermometer read 37.5 c.
    Going to try and hatch more eggs soon and see what happens.

[​IMG]

thanks guys.x

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. dunk8888

dunk8888 New Egg

Dec 13, 2016
    Hi did you try any more eggs? ive the janoel 10 and have same problem,i tryed 24 cpq eggs and only 3 hatched,the rest died in egg,nearly ready too and some where ready but died,it does say in my manual to calabrate first but i missed that before i put eggs in,ive bought 3 differant temp meters from ebay and they all give differant readings,so be carefull that your add on temp meter isnt correct too,ime gona buy a good temp meter not cheap one and see whats what,mine runs cold i think,i altered the probe lenth on mine now so its egg hight,but still internal egg temp is low like 35,i stuck a food temp probe inside an egg that had been in half a day to see what temp was and it said 35 my incubator says 37.7 and the other two temp meters are 1 or 2 degrees out too,they should be ready calabrated realy,my fan is rubish too,ime thinking of getting a better incubator like £100 or somthing.these janoels are clones made by the chinese mass produced and not even got safty stamps on.have you sorted yours out? what is your calabration setting? and what wat was it when you first got it mine was 0.0 and what hight is your probe?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by