IMPORTANT QUESTION PLEAASE ANSWER

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by thatduckguyy, Mar 19, 2012.

1. thatduckguyy

thatduckguyy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    ok so i had my eggs tehy werent hatching, its day 23 we decided to crack one liek carefully we made a hole then all of tehm started to hatch we do not know the cause but should we help them or what!? sorry I am just very concenernd i will post pics

2. blkwdw

blkwdw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    I guess I don't understand the question... If they are all hatching, whats the problem and why would you need to help them? Keep the humidity up by slipping some water in somehow.

3. thatduckguyy

Jul 25, 2011
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. thatduckguyy

Jul 25, 2011
    Sorry let me elaborate, they are hatching on the wrong end, its day 23 and they NEVER internally pipped. there was no movement or anything. The weirdest thing is that when we took them out to check one started to hatch in my friends hand. I think something is wrong, I dont know if I should help them out or leave them.

5. thatduckguyy

Jul 25, 2011
    and the one we opened is bleeding and the other has weird red gunk in it.. look at teh pictures for examples

6. CBarrett

CBarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Crestview, FL
    If you see blood, stop helping immediately. I would put them back in the incubator and let them be. What has your temperature been for the past few weeks? If it was too low, they'll take longer to hatch. Ideally the temp should be about 100.5, at least that's what works for me - they hatch on day 21 just fine every time.

7. thatduckguyy

Jul 25, 2011
    it was fine im not sure why they werent hatching. maybe it was too hot? because i took them out and they started to hatch

8. CBarrett

CBarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Crestview, FL
    If they are alive, but you see blood I would leave them alone. What kind of incubator are you using? Are these ducks or chickens?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by