Important warning about a dog toy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Smoky73, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
  2. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    omg poor pup! Thanks for passing on the info.!

3. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Oh that is horrible! That poor baby! I can imagine it is going to be extremely hard for that dog to learn to drink and not to mention no way to pant with the wet tongue out to act as a cooling device, will be more vulnerable to heat stroke.
    So sad, but so nice that the owner was able to do what was necessary for the dog and not have to put it down.

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Goodness, I just watched his videos and read the entire story. How HEARTBREAKING! Thanks for posting!

5. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I reposted the link on a dog board. Animals can have enough health issues without money hungry toy companies adding to the problem. My Leo loves balls. I can't imagine how I would feel if I had bought something that dangerous believing it was safe and hurt my dog.

6. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

wow...poor dogs...

7. krjwaj

krjwaj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Apex, NC
    Our dog had this type of thing happen to him, but not so severe! He had found a dog tog when we moved here. It was hard rubber (like a Kong toy) and in more of a torpedo shape than a ball.
    Regardless, while chewing and playing with it his tongue got 'vacuumed' in and it was STUCK in the hole about the size of a dime!! We couldn't pull it off and he couldn't close his mouth. Husband ran to the garage to grab the power drill. CAREFULLY, he drilled a hole in the toy just big enough to release the suction and it popped off.

It was so scary!

Poor Chai the video.

8. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    [​IMG] i emailed the people with the boycott petition.

9. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    I was not really thinking about how this could happen so hubby explained it to me that it was like a snot sucker for babies noses LMAO- they bite down and it sucks the tongue up inside. Not funny but I understand it better now. I will never buy a ball for my dogs. Actually, I guess I should be glad that my dogs do not like rubber toys anyway, they prefer the plush.

10. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Maybe that's why Kongs have the little hole at the other end. I've never heard of this happening before, but it sounds like it's happened to quite a few dogs. How terrible for the dogs and their owners!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by