Importing from usa to canada

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Outbackhill Kennels, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Outbackhill Kennels

Outbackhill Kennels Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Don't know where to post this so here goes.

Is it possible to import hatching eggs through the mail if so how do you do it?

2. tamatik

tamatik Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2007
    massey ont
    I have done it but not for a few yrs now..I had eggs from florida and arizona ..just labeled them crafts and away they came..no great hatch rate but it was better than the rate i got wen i was in bc and got eggs from bc..sad tale there..anyhow thats my story..I didnt declare them as eggs ..hope this helps

3. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

I would like to know as well. I heard no. But then I read something somewhere recently that eggs from Canada are okay. [​IMG]

4. tamatik

tamatik Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2007
    massey ont
    I f u have someone coming across they r just breakfast.put them in a cooller or box with groceries...thats allowed..but hatching eggs need to be paperworked to death

5. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    I can only tell you how this relates to parrots so it may or may not be similar. you can not import parrots into the US or their eggs unless you are part of a consortium related to furthering the breed and your imports must come from certified stock (lots of paperwork and quarantine time). you can however export parrots from the US with alot of paperwork. They also have to be house separate from any other birds for 90 days prior to exporting to canada. you also can not buy meat here in the US and take it across the border, so eggs maybe the same.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by