Impy, the wing dancing fool

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Oct 31, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Well my young turken cockerel Impy is finally recovering from his testosterone poisoning. He's no longer trying to mate anything with two legs and he isn't making himself hoarse with crowing anymore.

He's still a wing dancing fool though. He wing dances the pullets, me, the dogs, basically everything. He's tried wing dancing the mature hens and gets his butt kicked by said hens every time. Nothing stops him.

I have a CX pullet in isolation, while she heals from a cut to her side. She's in a wire dog crate, inside the coop.
    I just went out to check on the chickens and couldn't find Impy.

Found him inside the coop, wing dancing the caged pullet. Round and round Impy goes. Of course the pullet is ignoring him, safe in her enclosure.

I'm still hoping Impy will grow up to be a fine rooster some day, but he sure makes me doubt that. [​IMG]

2. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    I really need some pics of this Kat. [​IMG] I think that Jax and Kane get way too much photography time and I'm needing to see your turken (turken envy). [​IMG]

3. FlockMama

FlockMama ChickyBawkyChickChick

Mar 11, 2009
    Washington State
    funny!

4. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Toast'n Jelly :

I really need some pics of this Kat. [​IMG] I think that Jax and Kane get way too much photography time and I'm needing to see your turken (turken envy). [​IMG]

The boys cooperate a whole lot more for pics than a chicken ever will. [​IMG] I do need to get some new pics of them though. They are growing up fast.​

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Your impy sounds like quite the character!! Like a court jester (or maybe the village idiot [​IMG] ???). I bet the ladies will be swooning by springtime... [​IMG]

6. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    Quote:The boys cooperate a whole lot more for pics than a chicken ever will. [​IMG] I do need to get some new pics of them though. They are growing up fast.

That`s okay...I can use my imagination [​IMG]

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Ummm, the latter? [​IMG]

8. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I'd like to see a video of that guy!

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Now that I might be able to do. I know our camera has a video feature on it.

10. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Testosterone poisoning?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by