In 2010? Pray for this woman.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    thats sad.

3. chicken+quail=luv

chicken+quail=luv Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Strawberry fields.
    *shivers* That poor woman. And stoning- what a horrible way to go. I can't even imagine.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Savages..

5. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    It seems like the Islamic community in the East is stuck in 1 AD

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2010
  6. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    She is in my prayers. [​IMG]

7. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    I feel sad and angry about these all too common executions, of course, and they are hardly an example of civilised behaviour. This is not a rare case, by the way, and amputations are also frequent punishments.

However, let's extend our sympathy to all those who are mistreated by governments, including those governments that we might regard as civiised. Incarceration without trial and torture is common and many who have suffered that for several years have eventually been released for lack of evidence. Remember those, too, who are executed by other methods in the name of justice. How can one argue that killing is wrong and yet kill the people accused, including those later found to be innocent?

Spare a thought also for those thousands of innocent people who are maimed, killed and bereaved by foreign armed forces in their own land and then written off as 'collateral damage'. Also, remember those killed and maimed and their deformed offspring as a result of foreign industrial giants taking advantage of their country's lax safety and compensation laws.

Also, let your heart go out to innocent people who daily suffer privation through the blockades of food and other essential supplies by an intransigent neighbouring government. Add to that people killed by pirates, commandos who stormed their supply ship in international waters on the orders of their government.

Remember too the untold millions in Africa who starve while foreign governments pour money into their corrupt leaders' pockets. And the soldiers and airmen who lose their lives so that rich oil men and provisions suppliers in their own governments can make a few more million dollars.

One cruel and unnecessary death is one too many. The millions that happen every year make one wonder just how thin is the veneer of civilisation and how far greed and thirst for power will drive people to oppress others.

Pray for the lady in Iran by all means. Perhaps those who prey should also do the same for the whole of humanity in the hope that, one day, we will learn to live peaceably together and respect one another.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by