In A Trance...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by busters_bantams, Dec 15, 2009.

1. busters_bantams

busters_bantams New Egg

Sep 14, 2009
    Today, my D' Uccle cockerel got a surprise. The infernal monster drove me insane. And it wasnt even over the attempted floggings, though after this, that crap stopped to. I was trying to take pictures of him, but he insisted on fleeing or attempting to fight with with my Orpington. Right before I yelled "Of with his head!" I was struck with another idea. And that was to hypnotize him. After staring intently in his eyes for five minutes (and almost hypnotizing myself in the process) the chicken was suddenly willing to do as I commanded. In celebration, I took some pictures. Too bad Buster didnt find it as amusing as I did. I thought I had killed him at first, but when I said his name, he jumped right up. So the chicken in the photos is not dead! Just hypnotized. And the broccoli just happened to be the only prop within reach.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. save the favs

save the favs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Oregon
    Welcome to you new member. Good story & good pictures. Be careful next time when doing this, or it might be you hypnotized with the brocolli on your feet.

3. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    LOL I've heard of "hypnotizing" chickens by drawing a red dot on a paper and putting the dot at the end of their beak. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. LOL

4. busters_bantams

busters_bantams New Egg

Sep 14, 2009
    lol.
    btw no intention of doing it again. the little bird learned his lesson:)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  5. lngrid

lngrid Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Ban seabhag

Ban seabhag Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Glenn HWY Alaska
    [​IMG] Camera, $100, brocolli $3.00, the look on his face, priceless

7. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    You do realize he will now kill you in your sleep for subjecting him to the indignity of it all.

[​IMG]

8. save the favs

save the favs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Oregon
    This is real funny stuff. I think it's just about ready to "take it on the road."

9. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Lol save the favs they just did all the way from Oregon to the muddy missouri...welcomes Busters Unknowing Bantams!![​IMG]

10. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I think it was about this time last year we were all hypnotizing chickens wasn't it? It must be a Christmas Holiday thing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by