In about 2-3 years, I'll be creating a new Breed of chicken called the Emerald Dragon.(Discussion)

What do you think about a new breed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Immediately watching this thread! Can't wait to see progress!
Sounds good, but it won't start for a while. I'll be hatching out the crosses I need, but won't be doing any serious breeding until I'm finished with my first, two projects. Next spring I'll be hatching out the crosses needed to start this new breed project.

Also, for a long tail and saddle feathers you should look into the Phoenix chicken. But, you wouldn't be getting the black skin like on the Sumatra.
Good suggestion, but I'd prefer using Sumatra since it's the only longtailed breed I have.
The black skin will be coming from the silkie genes: Fibromelanosis, or Fm/Fm.

Same with walnut comb, since the other breeds I'll be using have pea combs.

What about incorporating Ayam Cemani instead of a silkie for the skin and size? My Black Penedesenca has some qualities you are looking for as well. Silkies don't typically get to be the size you want as far as I can tell? But my Black Penedesenca hen is very large but has more of the sleeker body vs. The boxy bodies like my barred rocks or marans. 🤷‍♀️👍good luck!

Good suggestion, but I'd prefer using Sumatra since it's the only longtailed breed I have.
The black skin will be coming from the silkie genes: Fibromelanosis, or Fm/Fm.

Same with walnut comb, since the other breeds I'll be using have pea combs.
Sounds good! Your chicken will be amazing and I will fight for it to be recognized by the APA because it will be stunning!
What about incorporating Ayam Cemani instead of a silkie for the skin and size? My Black Penedesenca has some qualities you are looking for as well. Silkies don't typically get to be the size you want as far as I can tell? But my Black Penedesenca hen is very large but has more of the sleeker body vs. The boxy bodies like my barred rocks or marans. 🤷‍♀️👍good luck!
Ayam Cemani are also super rare, extremely expensive, and the hens are terrible layers. But it's not my desicion but adding them would make them really pretty so you had the right idea!

I have large silkies, & am working on producing Giant silkies, so I believe I have that part under control.

I don't have Ayam Cemani, but really want some.

Sounds good! Your chicken will be amazing and I will fight for it to be recognized by the APA because it will be stunning!
Ayam Cemani are also super rare, extremely expensive, and the hens are terrible layers. But it's not my desicion but adding them would make them really pretty so you had the right idea!
I have Ayam Cemani chicken!

Hen: this is Angel Joy
EC7DE007-8B9B-4A62-8744-019CEB7DF9D8.jpeg

Rooster: This is MMC (Midnight Moses Crow)
0E928D97-5F04-478C-9CF6-C4CC058AB257.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom