(In Augusta GA) New to chickens and the forum..so..hi?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by VermillionSadie, Jan 18, 2017.

1. VermillionSadie

VermillionSadie New Egg

Jan 18, 2017
    Hello all! As the title there says, new to the group and I just started putting together a coup here recently. I am a 28 year old mom of 2 great little boys and I am trying to get myself in the sustainable game. : ) SO I thought to myself if I want to raise chickens and get a garden going this year, then maybe it would be nice to have some fellow enthusiasts to talk with.

2. ejcrist

ejcrist Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2015
    Desert Hills, AZ
    Welcome aboard. Glad to have ya. You're right on track in getting chickens to be sustainable. Chickens and gardening go together like peas and carrots.. There are lots of great people on here to talk with so you'll be in good company.

1 person likes this.
  3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, VermillionSadie, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community! A lot of folks on BYC share your interest in sustainability. You will have a lot of members with whom to share ideas and get advice! Best wishes and enjoy your flock and your garden! :)

5. livhatcher

livhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2017
    I'm new & closer to Macon, Ga. We started our garden last year & are expecting hatching eggs 3/22! So exciting!!!

6. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Welcome to BYC!

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under VermillionSadie [​IMG] Welcome!

Best of luck with your venture!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.[​IMG]

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run.

10. Claudine5

Claudine5 Just Hatched

Apr 28, 2016
    Hi! I know you posted a few months ago, but I'm hoping your still around...or anyone is around. I'm in Appling, GA and just purchased my first group of chicks. Four Red Stars and Two barred rocks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by