In Celebration of my 100th post-Pictures of my pride and joy

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by WickedNerd, Jul 1, 2011.

1. WickedNerd

WickedNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    North Alabama
    Alright. I know 100 posts isn't a lot but I'm proud of my baby girl and I wanted to show her off a bit. So work with me! [​IMG] She's a rescue puppy I got from the shelter about 3 years ago. Technically she isn't a puppy anymore, but she's so darn cute I can't help but call her one. The people at the shelter said she was a mutt but that they thought she had spaniel and something else. She, her mother, and her sister were found in a supermarket dumpster [​IMG] How can anyone be that cruel!? I fell in love with her the moment I saw her picture on a pet website. She was 4 weeks old then and I promised myself that if she wasn't adopted by the time I moved back to Alabama and got settled, she was going to be mine! Her mom was tiny, only about 15 pounds and was a little thing that fit in your arms. Elphaba is at least twice that. She fits in your lap, but you can't carry her around easily. I like that just fine. [​IMG]

Anyway, here are some pictures of my baby girl.

Little baby Elphaba. 9 weeks old from the shelter. She was such a cute little rolly polly of a puppy. She was so cute and fluffy I thought I was going to die!
    [​IMG]

4 months old…I thought she was never going to get out of the chewing phase. She loved to bring pine cones in the house and chew them on my bed while I was at work. My parents were her puppysitters and I kept saying, "Check her mouth before you let her in!" [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She was such a happy little puppy though! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 month old puppies still need to take lots of naps. I wonder what she’s dreaming about.
    [​IMG]

“What!? You said chewing on pokemon was okay!” [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Awww…such a big girl with your little bandana! Happy birthday baby girl!
    [​IMG]

“OMG! I’m going to get the snow!” *Pounce*
    [​IMG]

Now you see the spaniel in her more than ever. Didn't see it as much in her early days. That stance and that body though screams spaniel.
    [​IMG]

2. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    I'm still going to steal her from you one day. Elphi is just too adorable!

3. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    [​IMG] I love love love rescues! People can be so heartless, how could they leave those helpless animals in a dumpster to die? [​IMG] Well, they are all happy now, she is just so darn cute, enjoy her!

4. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    She is really cute, you are giving her a wonderful life.

5. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    [​IMG]

6. Nitrostreak

Nitrostreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    Jackson County
    I just about died seeing your pictures! She's gorgeous, and looks identical to my flat-coated retriever! Maybe I should go make sure my Roxie's still in the garage... [​IMG]

Congrats on your 100th post!

7. Gardengirl 2011

Gardengirl 2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Central Florida
    That's a whole lotta aaaaawwwwwwww! There's nothing better than a rescue. Both of mine came from the pound. One (Daisy) was heartworm pos., had every intestinal parasite known, and was grossly underweight. She weighed 16 lbs and should have been 28-30. She would have been put to sleep. Well, 5 years later she's still a happy girl. While I thought I was getting a "mutt" (which I prefer to a "breed") it turns out she's a havanese terrier.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by