1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

In Chicken Heaven!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by JessicaH, Mar 3, 2012.

1. JessicaH

JessicaH Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2012
    This is my first attempt at raising chickens, and after a lot of research and reading, decided on Silkies...the local feedstore told me they would get some in March first, this was Feb first when I first asked. So I waited....and waited and waited....finally March 1 arrived. I went to the feedstore (actually went by twice the day before just in case they arrived early) and there were only 3 left!! So, I ended up with 3 silkies, and 3 other chicks that I just had to have. They have been such fun so far! They have distinct personalities and LOVE to be fed different kind of bugs...they actually go crazy for them![​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congrats!!!! They are so cute! I'm sure you're going to be very happy with them too! [​IMG] By the way, [​IMG]!!!

3. JessicaH

Mar 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

4. JessicaH

Mar 3, 2012
    This is Joan Jet...again, hoping she is a "she"...very sweet! She is the lousdest peeper, but the most timid when it comes to being held and eating. She kinda does her own thing...[​IMG]

5. JessicaH

Mar 3, 2012
    We call these 3 Silkies The Triplets...because we can't figure out what else to name them just yet!! They are, by far, the quietest and not near as aggresive as the other 3:
    [​IMG]

6. JessicaH

Mar 3, 2012
    This is Chester...by far the biggest of the 6! My daughter named her Chester because we think "she" might turn out to be a "he"...if not, Chester just seems to fit. Very laid back, until she thinks you have a bug or cricket...then goes nuts! Always lays by herself because she is soo much bigger I think she is warmer than the other 5.Sweetheart![​IMG]

7. JessicaH

Mar 3, 2012
    Thank you!![​IMG]

8. calvincoop

calvincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    I'm jealous. you're going to love being a chicken mama! I remember when I took home my first chickies I was a nervous mess. I worried about EVERYTHING!

9. JessicaH

Mar 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

10. JessicaH

Mar 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by