In Honor of Spartacus' Birthday Friday Aug. 6, 2010

rebbetzin

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 4, 2008
Tucson AZ
On Friday, Aug. 6th, Our beloved dog friend will be 6 years old!! How time flies!!
When our Mimi dog died of cancer, I said "No more dogs." Then a few months later, I was lonesome for a furry friend.

We started to look for a new dog friend. We each saw him, at different times, but we emailed this photo to each other saying "What do you think of this one." And just so happened, we were drawn to the same puppy!!

Here is the first photo we ever saw of him.
Spartacus91504BabyPhotoonWeb.jpg

Here he is on his first day with us. We picked him up from LAX. Since it was still too hot in September for him to be shipped to us in Tucson.

His first of many smiles!

FirstSmile.jpg

And here he is two weeks later!

BeanBagChair12wks.jpg

Here is another big smile, on a "big bye bye" trip to Eagle CO to visit my daughter and her husband. Back in 2005. He loves to perch on the console and look out the windshield.

SparksHappyTravelfaceemail.jpg

I will take him shopping for his birthday present on Friday. Last year for his birthday, we went to the feedstore and he picked out a stuffed cat! We spent over 30 minutes looking at different dog toys. But, when he saw that cat! He barked loudly and said "This is it!" Then grabbed it out of my hand and decided he was keeping it!!

Here he is today with his Kitty Toy... I said, "Where is your Kitty Toy?" He went to the toybox and brought it to me.

GettinghisKittyToyemail.jpg

Then I said, "Can you get that Kitty?" And here he is "getting" the Kitty...(sorry for the feline abuse) Though, he never really hurts his kitty.

BitingKittyToyEmail.jpg

The first time Rich took him to PetsMart, Spartacus picked out a toy he wanted. A stuffed little person shape. Here he is when he first brought it home. He was only 4 months old. December of 2004

SweetPuppyFaceemail.jpg

And here he is taking a nap with the same toy two years later. In December 2006.
He takes good care of his toys.

SleepingwithBabyDec2006emial.jpg

He brings us a lot of joy. He is a very good dog friend.

Thank you so much for sharing. I so enjoy your posts. He looks like a great gentle giant. Love that he loves his toys, so heart warming.

Micah

Quote:
Shalom, Shalom!!

How the weather in HaEretz? I have good friends in Rehovot for the summer. Their three children are all in the IDF. We would have loved to come over this year. But... things are not looking like we will make it. Maybe next year!

We have hopes of coming to stay one day. But... land/home prices are so expensive there!! (well, except maybe in the disputed territories!)

Have a great day!!

Ro, I believe him to be a African BoerBoel. I am not sure but from his photos that is what I believe his breed to be (I LOVE LOVE LOVE the breed and would love to be owned by one someday) So I am curious to see if I am correct or not lol

Quote:
It's soooo hot at the moment...40+ Celsius with 45% humidity here by the Kinneret. You aren't missing anything
sad.png

I lived in the West Bank for awhile-it was very beautiful there.

Back
Top Bottom