In Lockdown, July Hatch Soon!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Cynthia12, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I have some Favoerolles' going into lockdown on Mon, then 5 days later, some barn yard, then, another 5 days later some Welsummers'..large and banty..my first banty. Anyone know how the Welsummer bantys' are? Or any bantys? I've heard that they can be a little on the independent side?
    Anyway, come along with a new July hatch along....I'm seeing double here.... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  2. pkw

pkw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    I will going into Lockdown Tuesday with the last batch of eggs. They are RIR/Turken mixes that I bought from a friend of mine

3. sgt_dane

sgt_dane Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2010
    I go into lockdown monday with my mille fleur d'uccles. hoping ill get some, have had a tricky bator this time around [​IMG]

4. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm in lockdown on 8 guinea eggs, and will be going into lockdown on July 10 for 33 chicken eggs! It's so exciting, having eggs going and being able to hear about others' clutches, seeing pictures and cheering them on!

5. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Yeah, tonight is my last night for turning eggs. I have 7 lively chicks in there. I'm excited, hoping that all Faverolles come out healthy!: [​IMG]

Looks like we have some others coming along around the same time. I love when it all begins with...the wriggling of the eggs. Hoping to see some of that tomorrow. They should start turning now.
    I have the other two hatches in together in another bator. Will put the next ones in when these Faverolles hatch, then after the Welsummers hatch, the small amount of barn yard mixes will go in. Who on here said something like, it's just seems quiet to not have eggs in a bator. Not that it's loud, lol..but I don't seem to feel as busy, and I can't help but just love watching those little babies. They are adorable.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  6. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:What kind of bator are you using?

How about everyone? I'm using the 1588..have had very good results.

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Lockdown Monday for my Red Golden Pheasants, & Friday for my Peacocks

8. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:Oh, I would love to have peacocks!

9. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I have 68 peacock eggs in the bator. I got them from my cousin, who isn't hatching this year. He has about 40 peafowl. I'm hopeing for pied. he has 1 white male. [​IMG]

10. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:Oh man, I've seen the whites, they are beautiful! We will really be waiting to see if you get a white one. Now, I'm not familiar with peacock talk...so...pied?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by