In Loving Memory of Solomon (Pics)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by keeperofthehearth, Oct 22, 2009.

1. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

I had to have my 14yr old cat, Solomon, put down today. God graced us with his sweet disposiition for a good long while, though I had hoped it would be for a bit longer. I loved his big beautiful blue eyes. He will be missed. RIP Solomon 10/22/09 [​IMG]

The first pic is an art print I made fm a photo of Solomon in his Glory Days. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is fm just a few years back on one of Solomons rare but exciting adventures in the great out of doors.

[​IMG]

2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Aw, what a beauty, I am so sorry for your loss

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry for your loss but so happy you had so many good years with him.

4. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I am a kitty lover too. My favorite lived to be 18. It has been 6 years and I still miss him. Solomon was a beauty! I am so sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

5. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Oh dear, I am so sorry for your loss [​IMG] Solomon was beautiful... [​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    So sorry [​IMG]

7. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Keeper so sorry about your loss [​IMG] He's a beautiful boy

8. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

9. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Sorry for your loss, it's always hard to say goodbye to a good and loyal friend. Be thankful the time you spent with him and I'm sure he was thankful for you.

Steve in NC

10. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you all. He was a sweetheart. Time and again when life was not going so well, Solomon would be there with his big blue eyes and deep purr giving me comfort as only loving pet companions can. My niece, Becky, will miss seeing her "Charcoal Ears and Coco Paws" when she comes over.
    It's weird but our Sheltie, Shelby, and Solomon never did get to liking each other much but Shelby is very subdued today ..... I thought she'd be happy to get her bed back. Solomon was always taking Shelby's bed then when he'd get up Shelby would run over and get on it. If Shelby got up for anything, Solomon would run over and take her bed. [​IMG] In the last few weeks, Solomon was also always wanting Shelby's dog food instead of his cat food. [​IMG] Silly critters! Maybe she misses him even though he annoyed her. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by