1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

In Miss-Jaynes abscence

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

I'm making bread today.

Okay, I may cheat a bit with a breadmaker....but how many guys do you know that make bread? [​IMG]

Classic White

12 oz. Water
    1 3/4 tsp. Salt
    2 T. Butter or margarine
    4 C. Bread flour
    2T. Dry milk
    2T. Sugar
    2 tsp. Active dry yeast

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    WHAT? Miss_Jayne isn't HERE??????

Must, breathe, deep. Where (gasp) is she?

3. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    I think it's great you are making bread! This must be a breadmaker recipe. I've never heard of using dry milk before. Learn something new everyday.

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    BuffH - something about her power supply to her 'puter failing...she'll be back on soon!

STeve...I don't know what to say, except...will you call my DH And tell him to make bread?

5. friendlyearth

friendlyearth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    near Olympia, wa
    Quote:My father baked bread. My brother in law bakes bread [​IMG]

Good for you [​IMG]

6. Steve

Quote:My father baked bread. My brother in law bakes bread [​IMG]

I just knew when I posted that someone would know a guy who made bread. Glad to be in their company.

Ingredients are in and the machine does the rest of the work.

My wife had been wanting a breadmaker for a long time, once I bought her this one, it sat unused for a long time.

2 summers ago I asked my Mother in law to show me how to use it, and I have been doing it since.

My mom told me when I was young (and I hope she was kidding)that I better learn how to cook and clean for myself, I was too homely to ever appeal to a woman.....she swears she never said that, but I love reminding her. [​IMG] I just think she was being funny with me at the time and I never took it any other way.

7. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Good For You!! My father makes bread using the bread machine! Wonder if I can get my DH to try to make some..............[​IMG]

8. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Hey Steve! I made bread twice this winter so far and am due to do it again! I have a couple recipes someone posted on a thread for me somewhere around here.

I made a casserole last night. It was great! Farmer's casserole with eggs, ham, shredded potatoes, green onions, and cheese. I can't wait to do it again. Something needs to be done with the 5 dozen eggs in my refrigerator anyway.

9. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Quote:I must get hubby to bake bread!! Buster you have a recipe for this Farmer's casserole? Sounds like something DH could also do on his nights he cooks!

10. Steve

Quote:Yeah, I'd like to see it too

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by