In Miss-Jaynes abscence

Steve

Ye Olde Henhouse Builder
13 Years
Feb 18, 2008
Eaton County, Michigan
I'm making bread today.

Okay, I may cheat a bit with a breadmaker....but how many guys do you know that make bread?
wink.png

Classic White

12 oz. Water
1 3/4 tsp. Salt
2 T. Butter or margarine
4 C. Bread flour
2T. Dry milk
2T. Sugar
2 tsp. Active dry yeast

I think it's great you are making bread! This must be a breadmaker recipe. I've never heard of using dry milk before. Learn something new everyday.

BuffH - something about her power supply to her 'puter failing...she'll be back on soon!

STeve...I don't know what to say, except...will you call my DH And tell him to make bread?

Quote:
My father baked bread. My brother in law bakes bread
wink.png

I just knew when I posted that someone would know a guy who made bread. Glad to be in their company.

Ingredients are in and the machine does the rest of the work.

My wife had been wanting a breadmaker for a long time, once I bought her this one, it sat unused for a long time.

2 summers ago I asked my Mother in law to show me how to use it, and I have been doing it since.

My mom told me when I was young (and I hope she was kidding)that I better learn how to cook and clean for myself, I was too homely to ever appeal to a woman.....she swears she never said that, but I love reminding her.
lau.gif
I just think she was being funny with me at the time and I never took it any other way.

Hey Steve! I made bread twice this winter so far and am due to do it again! I have a couple recipes someone posted on a thread for me somewhere around here.

I made a casserole last night. It was great! Farmer's casserole with eggs, ham, shredded potatoes, green onions, and cheese. I can't wait to do it again. Something needs to be done with the 5 dozen eggs in my refrigerator anyway.

Quote:
I must get hubby to bake bread!! Buster you have a recipe for this Farmer's casserole? Sounds like something DH could also do on his nights he cooks!

Back
Top Bottom