in need of a bcm or splash marans rooster!!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ajcress, Nov 22, 2011.

1. ajcress

ajcress Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    Masontown, WV
    Hello!!

My boys and I are in need of a Black Copper Marans or a Splash Marans rooster that is either close to breeding age or mature. MUST be friendly as he will be sharing a home with 7 bcm hens and a few white rocks and a few crosses. but most important my 2 little boys and myself who will be caring for him. . not looking for a flogger..Does need to be close to french standard just to keep the line true with the girls. no money making here just to help reproduce a line project with my children. Must be willing to ship or very close to WV for driving. Please reasonably priced as well. Thanks in advance!!

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    The only feather-legged (french) Black Copper male I have available is young, about 10 weeks old or so. But I do have an adult clean-legged (English) and a 'teen' (about 5 or 6 months) clean-legged available in my auctions here.

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I've got this young guy on the right:
    [​IMG]

He's from Blue-tailed buff marans over blue copper. Yours if you (or somebody) is going to be in the area.

4. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I have a fbcm roo, and a blue birchen. Both feather legged....i live an hour above pittsburgh. Not sure if that's close enough for you or not.

5. crfarm

crfarm Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes or so

Nov 29, 2009
    KY
    I have both BCM and Splash Roos ready for their own flock. you can PM for more info
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Quote:He is going to be gorgeous Amy!

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:He is going to be gorgeous Amy!

Ha ha- thanks Jeremy! I think this is turning into a sexy marans roo thread! [​IMG]

8. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I have a French Black Copper Marans Rooster I received from Bev Davis directly, well I got 4 but don't need all 4. He is $30 plus shipping costs. Let me know [​IMG]

9. ajcress

Dec 14, 2007
    Masontown, WV
    Thanks for the responses. I have not had must time in the past day or tow but i will get in contact with everyone to check out shipping for the rooster but will probably have to be local...due to shipping prices.. thanks everyone I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving!

10. ajcress

Dec 14, 2007
    Masontown, WV
    Quote:Hello! I sent you a pm.. thinking about a little road trip!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by